Happy Sunday, everyone!
The past few days have been a whirlwind-- but now I'm back on track, and what better way to start this lovely day than by filling in some blanks from Friday? Here we go!
1. Right now the weather where I live is chilly but sunny-- it's really starting to feel like fall! As a devoted wearer of dresses, it's that time of year to stock up on black tights.
2. The best piece of advice I've been given is, "Just take it one step at a time." When I was in school, sometimes I'd get stressed out from thinking about how much I had to accomplish in a short time, and I would call my dad, and he'd say just to take one task at a time. It's something I still think of if I'm feeling overwhelmed.
3. If I were to have a mission statement for my life, it would be "Be excellent to each other." And yes, I did just snatch that right out of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, but it's true. Treating people with kindness and respect is so much more rewarding than being mean or rude could ever be. I've made my fair share of mistakes, of course, but I really do strive to be good to other people, and I find that I'm happiest when I'm achieving that.
4. My most favorite item in my closet is either my long, comfy-cozy A-line oatmeal-colored sweater or my red raincoat with butterflies on the lining. Ooh, or one of my many, many pairs of warm wool socks.
5. The best cure for a bad day is a hot chocolate, a snuggly cat or two, some knitting or crochet, and science fiction.
6. Today is another beautiful day, filled with potential.