In other news...
Have a great Memorial Day Weekend, everyone!
1. If I could get away somewhere for the weekend I would go: ...I don't think I'd go anywhere, actually. I'm glad to be home, and as much as I love the city, it takes a few days to unwind from having been there for so long. I've been at my grandmother's house since last night because the weather was supposed to be scary (which it sort of was), and now the power is out at my house. I guess if I could go anywhere it would be to Philly to see my dad. Hopefully that'll be happening in the next few days.
2. Something I often rant about is: Do I rant? Jeez, I hope not. I probably do occasionally rant about how much I dislike television.
3. One item I need to have in my fridge at all time is: pink lady apples. They're just the most delicious thing ever.
4. My "life-saving" product is: my Miss Dior Cherie perfume. It's not too strong (because in a dorm, nobody wants to smell the person who was in the elevator before them), but it's feminine and pretty and soft and playful all at once. It makes me feel a little more put-together no matter what else is going on. ...And it looks really pretty on my dresser.
5. A friend is someone who: is honest, but doesn't enjoy your mistakes. And who doesn't mind when they're finally almost asleep and then you say "By the way...." and then proceed to coerce them into another half-hour conversation. Also, probably someone who has seen you wear something you would never, ever wear out in public.
6. If I could write my own blank it would be: 'Is your life now what you thought it would be five years ago? Three years ago? One year ago?'
7. My favorite kind of art is: oh, I could never pick just one art form... Obviously, fashion is really important to me, but a lot of my inspiration comes from other art forms-- paintings and sculpture and music and photography. They all seem so intertwined and inseparable.
Psssst.... there's going to be a giveaway here soon. Just sayin'.
It's so lovely to be home.
...except that we have a tornado watch until 10 p.m. tonight. Natural disaster stuff makes me intensely uncomfortable. And I'm by myself. Eeeeeeek! So please excuse any excessive blogging tonight, I need to distract myself from being
completely terrified a little nervous.
Things I'm excited about:
Congratulations to everyone graduating from FIT today!
have a wonderful night, lovelies!
...It's not too irreverent to put Jesus in the context of being 'the man,' is it? Nah, who wouldn't want David Bowie referring to them as 'the man.' Really.
Get your 'I survived Rapture 2011' t-shirts ready.
1. People always tell me I look like: Audrey Tautou, especially since I cut my hair short. I hope this is true, I love her and I'm always so flattered by the comparison!
one of my favorite photos of her
2. Friends don't let friends: feel like there's nobody there for them. Marissa is kind of awesome at this.
3. A sunny day is perfect for: waking up early, going for a walk with no particular destination, picnicking by the river, and coming home to make stuff with all the windows open.
4. My favorite accessory is: ooooh, this is a tough one, I'm not really an accessories girl. Anything on my fingers or wrists get in the way of whatever project I'm working on. The silver necklaces me dad made for me for birthdays and Christmases growing up will always be my favorites. But I do love my silver locket from Mexico and my sewing machine earrings from alliteration on etsy.
5. If I could afford it I would: take an extended vacation in Boston. I love New York, but Boston is my favorite city.
6. The cure for boredom is: ...boredom? What is this 'boredom' you speak of? Ha. There are so many things that I want to do as soon as I have time that I'm sort of dumbfounded trying to answer this question. But Pinterest and going from link to link on blogs are always great for those random 20-minute breaks that aren't long enough to accomplish much, but too long to just bum around.
7. I am currently "in like" with: the gorgeous photography by Ashley of butterflyfood.
design sketch-- it's hard to see the seaming in the leggings in the photos, but it looks like how it's drawn.
Only one more project to work on, and it's not due until Monday! Yay, yay, yay. Incidentally, this will be the first semester ever where I've slept every single night of finals week. I'll put up some photos of my swimwear design and swimwear construction projects after the presentations tomorrow.