1. What I love most about my home is: my family, when I'm at home. When I'm at school, my favorite thing about my dorm room is the big empty space in the middle of my room. I like being able to sprawl out on my floor to read or draw, and something about having some empty space in a room is really calming to me.
2. I'm excited because: it's Friday and I have tonight and tomorrow all planned out. I'm going to Trader Joe's after class this afternoon, then getting as much sewing done as possible on my swimwear and activewear projects, then doing yoga and going to bed early. Then tomorrow morning, I'm going to bring breakfast up to the High Line, and then go to 'Snice to work on the flats for my swimwear project and finish up some computer-y stuff for High-Tech Fabrics and my licensing class. I know this doesn't sound overly exciting, but I like having a routine and feeling like I'm moving toward accomplishing things.
3. My preferred method for blowing off steam when I'm frustrated is: yoga, but to be honest, I'm more likely to cry and then take a nap. The other thing that works for me when I'm upset is to get something done-- cleaning my room or making progress on schoolwork, because I'm usually frustrated because I'm stressed out and feeling like I'm spinning my wheels.
4. Currently I am craving: sunshine! Tuesday was so gorgeous, and I'd forgotten how much good weather improves my mindset. Even if I'm working in my room, having some sunlight streaming in makes me feel like I've somehow created a little country cottage in the middle of Manhattan.
5. The thing I love most about my mom is: her protectiveness. While it's highly unlikely that I'd ever take her up on her repeated offers to tell people off on my behalf, it's still nice to know that she would if I asked her. And she doesn't underestimate the power of a hug, which is what I need most when I'm upset.
6. If I was going to write a book about my life, the title would be: 'What Could Possibly Go Wrong?' This is a phrase that Marissa and I say to each other all the time because we have a tendency to come up with crazy plans and assume that everything will work out exactly as we envisioned. Somehow this seems to apply to a lot of my life.
7. If I were to eat one thing for the rest of eternity it would be: quiche lorraine. It's my absolute favorite, it has all of my favorite things: cheese and eggs and pie crust. I suspect, however, that my own personal 'eternity' wouldn't go on for too long if I only ate things with those ingredients.
yay for sunny fridays!
Post a Comment
thank you so much for visiting, and for your thoughts! x