(for full effect, imagine that said in the voice of The Count. Ah-ah-ahhhhh.)
I got home today and saw that I had been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by both Lexie, from Pieces of Wonderful, and Victoria, from Tangled Sweetpea! Thank you, lovely ladies!
So recipients of this award are supposed to mention 7 random facts about themselves, choose 15 other bloggers to award, and let them know via blog comment that they've been picked. So here goes!
1. I am a notorious chicken. I can't stand scary movies-- I cried watching The Village and I've had to stop watching television shows about haunted places and aliens because I spend the rest of the night jumping out of my skin at the slightest noise. And when I went on a haunted hayride a few years ago, the guy driving the haywagon shouted, "...Oh my god, he's coming down the hill toward us!" And naturally, I screamed and may have curled into a ball, at which point the driver said, "Nobody's coming down the hill, why would I warn you about it if someone was coming down the hill?" So I played it cool and laughed it off. A few minutes later, "Oh my god! He's coming down the hill toward us!" ...Guess who screamed and curled into a ball again. Yeah. (Incidentally, thanks a lot, Alex and Alyssa, for placing bets on who would cry first, me or an eight-year-old. Congrats to whichever one of you bet on me.)
2. I've been best friends with Marissa since we were ten years old-- twelve years ago! It's honestly hard for me to remember a time when we weren't getting into all kinds of crazy adventures. Coming up this summer: Atlantic City. Oh boy.
3. It bugs me when television plays up stereotypes to appeal to viewers' lowest common denominator. Those commercials where the husband comes across as a complete nincompoop, and the wife is passive-aggressive and nagging-- it's actually enough to deter me from buying something. Convince me what a great product you're selling, not what an obnoxious, snarky commercial you can come up with.
4. I love fruit. Nectarines, strawberries, peaches, and raspberries are my favorite.
5. Storage Wars. I am obsessed. Which makes perfect sense, actually, my dad used to go to auctions and abandoned stores in search of cool antiques to sell, and it was this big thrill to see what he'd brought home. I love weird old stuff! And I like that the people on the show seem like decent, unpretentious people making a living in an interesting business. Barry is my favorite-- if you watch the show, who do you like best?
6. My favorite ice cream flavors are butter pecan, mint chocolate chip, black raspberry, and chocolate peanut butter.
7. I'm afraid of heights, but I did go parasailing once and absolutely loved it. I'm also hoping to take a ride in a hot air balloon sometime! Especially if it was over a flowering orchard of some sort, so it was like sailing on a sea of blossoming trees.
Now for the nominations!
I know that isn't fifteen, but I'd like to use the rest of the spots to invite all of you to take part in the Versatile Blogger Award! Leave a link in the comments, I'd love to read your posts.