1. The highlight of my week was finding and purchasing some absolutely beautiful leather to use for the bodice of a dress I'll be making soon. The man who helped me at Global Leather when I went back to purchase on Thursday was so sweet. He offered to help me out with the price because he remembered that I was in the student group that visited the day before and had seen how much I loved the acorn-and-leaf tooled leather, and he even offered to cut the piece of leather in half if I didn't want to buy the whole thing. I did get the whole thing, because I didn't want to end up not having enough and I've already got projects planned for the rest of it. The other highlight of my week was the monthly meeting with the other RAs on my building staff. They are the sweetest, funniest bunch and I'm so lucky to work with them.
2. If I had to classify my interior design aesthetic, it would be "cozy nature-child." I like rustic wood and big woolly blankets and ceramic mugs and warm lighting. (examples of my dream homes can be found here and here.)
3. My first vehicle was a cool black-and-silver plastic mini motorcycle that I rode down the hill in our backyard. Technically it was my brother's. And it was not only my first vehicle, it's been my only vehicle to date. I don't drive-- by the time I was old enough, I pretty much knew I'd be going to college in the city and it didn't make sense to add another person to the insurance policy when I wouldn't be driving for four years after I graduated high school. I'm going to learn soon though, because I might not be staying in the city after I graduate from FIT this May.
4. An item I need to have in my day in order to function is my planner. I never got into keeping an electronic one, I like having a physical book to write in. I put everything in it and it comes with me no matter where I go.
5. My favorite way to waste time is puttering around the internet. Tumblr, Pinterest, Twitter, and especially Google Reader.
6. Right now I could really go for a nothing! I just had dinner (a very yummy sandwich and an apple and cinnamon-vanilla tea) and I am not hungry or thirsty. But I could really go for a night in bed watching movies.
7. This weekend I will be doing homework, as usual. I'm also very much looking forward to a belated birthday brunch with my wonderful cousin Kaleigh! She is the sweetest girl in the whole world. I'll also be worrying about my darling cat Chachi-- she's been missing since Tuesday and I'm really upset about it. Like, stay-up-all-night-crying upset. I know it might seem silly, but with everything that's happened in the last year, it's just the last straw. She was my little companion when I was home by myself for days at a time this summer while my mom stayed with my dad in a variety of hospitals, and during winter break, my mom stayed at my grandmother's house on the coldest nights while I spent the nights at my currently heatless house, snuggled up with Chachi on the couch under an electric blanket and with a space heater blowing on us. I'm still hoping she'll come home, but I'm so, so worried about her. Given how my life has unfolded for the last 9 months or so, I just want this one aspect of it to be okay. Universe, whatever I did to deserve this karmic punch in the face, don't you think we're even at this point? Please give my sweet little kitty back.