1. I am proud of graduating Summa Cum Laude from FIT. I just got my diploma in the mail a few days ago and it was really exciting and a bit surreal to see my name on it, telling the world that I did it. Yay!
2. This weekend I will be heading to the beach! I'll be knitting in the car and stopping to see some lovely friends on the way, then spending lots of time with my family.
3. A secret dream I have is to have an apartment or house (depending on where I'm living) with a big bathtub and read books surrounded by bubbles.
4. I can't handle proud parents. I was watching a bit of the Olympics last night and I got a little teary every time the cameras zoomed in on the face of an athlete's parent. I'm such a sap.
5. The most annoying thing in the entire world is being interrupted. It's just so rude! And I don't like the underlying message-- 'Whatever you have to say couldn't possibly be as important to you as what I have to say is to me.' ...Ok, there are two other things that also really bother me. One: When people change the source of something on tumblr to their own tumblr. Stop that! If you didn't post something originally, you're not the source. I don't think that word means what you think it means. Two: When bloggers don't link to a source for an image that isn't theirs. I mean, we all do it sometimes, because sometimes it's impossible to figure out where something came from, but at least put a little effort in. Google Images has a reverse image search now, it's super-easy to track down most pictures. A little disclaimer that says 'These images are not mine' is not enough. ...Now back to our regularly scheduled sunshine and cupcakes.
6. The most relaxing thing in the entire world is curling up with my cats and a movie and falling asleep twenty minutes into it.
7. I think everyone should read more books. It's such an underutilized form of entertainment and it develops the imagination. I also think it encourages empathy-- something the world could use a lot more of.
Post a Comment
thank you so much for visiting, and for your thoughts! x