1. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is if I'm at home, I wander around in search of a hug. But not a hug where I actually hug back, one where I just sort of curl into whoever is hugging me. It makes the transition from asleep to awake easier. When I'm at school, I mentally calculate whether I can re-set my alarm for another few minutes of sleep. I'm a night showerer (because let's face it, my hair is long and curly, it's going to do whatever it wants. And I don't like blowdrying my hair, it's too noisy.) so I can usually just run a brush through it, stick some bobby pins in, and go. And my makeup routine consists of chapstick and mascara, so not much time needed there. So yeah, I usually reset my alarm and go back to sleep.
2. I can hardly wait for my mom to visit this weekend! YAAAAAAAY!!! It's going to be the best! I haven't seen her since Easter. It doesn't seem like that long, but I'm really close with my mom and I miss her a lot when I don't see her for a while.
3. The quickest way to my heart is humor and sweetness (I know that's two things. whatevah.) because I love to laugh, and because sweetness seems like such a genuine thing. You can't fake sweetness without it being really obvious.
4. A little known fact about me is I have kind of a rude sense of humor sometimes. I love when people are witty and sophisticated and subtle in their humor, but I also enjoy a good 'that's what she said' joke every now and again.
5. The best part about my job is the wonderful people I work with. I was actually scheduled for RA duty this Saturday when my mom and I realized that this was the last weekend we would be able to have in the city before I graduate in a few weeks, and I sent an email asking if anyone could switch with me so she could visit, and within ten minutes three people had written back to me. They are seriously the best. I'm not generally one for lots of group social interaction, but I could spend days on end with the other RAs. They are the sweetest, most supportive, funniest group of people I've ever had the pleasure of joining. Thank you for making the past three years phenomenal, my lovely colleagues!
6. Something I just couldn't live without is my floor lamp and twinkly lights. I hate fluorescent lighting so, so, so much-- the buzzing sounds, the flickering, the way it's just incredibly unflattering... so I prefer the warm glow of my other lights. And if you ever come into my room and turn on the light-switch and I flip right out and screech to turn it off, it's nothing personal.
7. Something useful that I wish I knew how to do is fix computers. No idea how to do that.
Tonight is going to be awesome. I have macarons, the latest issue of Artful Blogging, my newly purchased DVD of The Illusionist, craft supplies, and Etsy orders to wrap up to send out. Ohhh, I am excited. This is my kind of Friday night.