1. The phrase or punctuation I overuse most is: probably the word 'lovely.' But it's such a perfect way to describe things, it's a little more meaningful than 'pretty' but more subtle than 'beautiful.'
2. Today I am thankful for: my mom, for putting up with me when I'm stressed-out and tired and snappish. I don't envy her having to do that. And she sends me fantastic care packages like the one I got yesterday, with chocolate chip cookies, hot chocolate mix, a magazine, and tights.
3. My best friend is: the highly amusing Marissa. I can't wait to see her soon! I love that we interact the same way we have since we were 10-- even when she visits me in New York, chances are good that by ten at night, we'll be watching a movie from an air mattress (and by eleven I'll have fallen asleep, and I'll have to ask what happened when I wake up five minutes before the end.)
4. A quirky thing about me is: I occasionally ask myself, "What would Belle do?" if I'm in an unpleasant situation.
5. This weekend I: have vast, vast amounts of schoolwork to do. Tomorrow morning I'm waking up early and heading over to 'sNice, a cafè in the West Village, to get as much done as possible. Since I'm only doing Photoshop stuff at this point, I can finally work somewhere other than my room. Yay!
6. Something that worries me is: the me-first mindset that seems to be really prevalent at the moment. If everyone is only worried about themselves, we're going to be inhabiting a very unpleasant city/country/world.
7. On my night stand you would find: a little pink iPod stereo, my phone, my journal and a pen, and a small stone owl that my mom gave me because she said it had a maternally concerned expression.
Hope you have a wonderful Friday night!