1. The best deal I've ever gotten is: Hmm... I don't do enough shopping to be on a constant look-out for deals. But I was pretty thrilled to find a really cute Anthropologie sundress on sale the other day, there were only a few left and one was in my size. That was exciting. The same dress actually turned up on Glee a few days later. And in the process of looking for a photo, since it's no longer on the U.S. Anthropologie site, I ran across Fashion of Glee, which is a really fun site to look around. I've been noticing that they've been dividing the girls up by style recently-- Brittany and Santana have been very '70s, with high-waist bell-bottoms and floppy hats, and Quinn and Rachael have been very sweet and prim, lots of Anthropologie pieces. I loved Quinn's woven cloche hat, too. Okay, this question is getting way off-track. But here's the dress, and how it was worn on Glee.
2. If I were hosting a dinner party and could invite people from my fantasy guest list it would include: Dorothy Parker, my best friend Marissa, John Cusack, Betsey Johnson, Ringo Starr, Anais Nin, and John Donne. I think it'd be an interesting evening.
3. Something that inspires me is: Cecily Mary Barker's flower fairy illustrations. Whenever I'm feeling creatively stuck,flipping through my Treasury of Flower Fairies book is always helpful. I'm also inspired by 1930s and 1950s fashion. Watching films does it, too, either by having a character that I'd love to dress, or a mood that I want to match with clothing designs.
4. If I could only choose to eat one flavor of food for the rest of eternity (sweet, salty, spicy, bitter....) I would have to go with: sweets! Oh my gosh, sweets, no contest, I love them. But I've been really good lately, I've totally eliminated stuff like candy and cookies and replaced them with fruit or herbal tea. Then I don't feel bad about getting some sort of yummy pastry thing on Saturday and having half of it then and half on Sunday. (Pasticceria Rocco, on Bleecker, is my favorite.)
5. I dream about: What sort of dream are we talking about here? I have really vivid dreams at night, unfortunately I get some pretty bad recurring nightmares. Ugh. For a while this winter I was waking up with them every two hours or so. But they've eased up lately. I also have a lot of dreams about clothing-- like, sometimes I'll have designed and created a whole new wardrobe for myself, or found amazing vintage dresses, and then when I wake up I'm either sketching like crazy or pouting that I didn't wake up to lots of pretty new clothes. I daydream a lot, too, about what life will be like after school, and about what it would be like if my favorite characters from novels came to life. Other things too, of course, but those are the more common themes.
6. My weekend will be spent: doing homework, mostly. I'm on RA duty tonight, so I'm staying in to do some tidying up and watching movies. ...Okay, who am I kidding, I'm going to do all that, but I'm also going to work on my outerwear project. Which is fine, because I'm really excited to have some time to devote to it. It's been treated like the metaphoric red-headed-project-stepchild with all the other work I've had lately (and no offense meant to actual red-headed-stepchildren). I'd like to have another cafè day soon, too, so if I get enough done tonight, I'll do that tomorrow. And not just in hopes of running into this man.
7. If I could only watch one movie or TV show for the rest of my life, it would be: probably The Office. I've watched the whole series three or four times by now, because it's standard late-night Netflix fare for me when I'm doing school stuff, and I still find it funny and smart.
♥ what a week! so, so glad that it's finally the weekend. ♥
[...] …Also, once again, the character of Quinn, from Glee, and I have remarkably similar taste (the first time was the De Chelley Dress). [...]ReplyDelete