1. One of my happiest moments ever was: in elementary school, when a speaker came in with a big tent and set it up in the gym, and it turned out to be a little planetarium. I love planetariums to start with, but there was something so magical about turning a mundane space, like a squeaky-floored gymnasium, into somewhere mysterious and beautiful and quiet.
2. Summer is wedding season and weddings are: nice to think about, in an abstract sort of way. They're also a really good excuse for Marissa and me to run around the wedding department in Macy's as though we belong there.
3. This summer: has not been so great. It is lovely to be home, though.
4. My summer food(s) of choice has been: golden raspberries and chanterelle mushrooms! The berries in our garden are prolific this year, to the point where we'll have enough golden raspberries (which are usually the least fruitful variety) to make at least 4 jars of golden raspberry jam. Yum. And the mushrooms are so, so delicious (particularly in scrambled eggs), buuuuut I'm not telling where they came from because they are mine, mine, mine.
5. My summer uniform has been: shameful lately... usually I'm all about the sundresses, but it's been so hot that if I don't have to go out, I've been sporting light cotton pj shorts and camisoles.
6. If I could spend the entire summer in one location I would choose: Cape May, NJ. It's my favorite beachy town and I could endlessly amuse myself walking around and napping on the beach (under an umbrella and covered completely in a towel, of course, since I'm so pale that I actually rival the sun for brightness) and sketching and reading.
7. My summer anthem is: 'Constructive Summer' by The Hold Steady, or 'Asleep on a Sunbeam' by Belle and Sebastian.