"Today I give thanks for beef franks, Tom Hanks, and miserable old cranks."
Here are just a few of the things I'm thankful for.
1. My wonderful mother.
2. My hilarious and sweet brother.
3. Marissa, the best best friend a girl could ask for.
...and the fact that she tolerates my posting this photo of her because it's my favorite.
3. My beautiful, talented cousin Kaleigh-- we had an impromptu slumber part at her dorm on Friday and it was fantastically fun. She's empathetic and sweet and smart and funny and I'm so happy that she's going to school in the city, too.
4. My job. Being an RA has been such a great experience and I'm so lucky to work with such a great group of people.
5. Ok, so a Five Guys recently opened near my school. Which would be exciting in and of itself, but they have a touch-screen soda machine where you can choose your soda and then add flavorings to it, which means I can create my long-desired soda that was never put into production: caffeine-free diet vanilla coke. It is like magic. Or a soda fountain. But mostly magic.
6. All of the incredible people who have been in my life, past and present. Every relationship is a learning experience and I've been lucky enough to know people who have taught me so much about the world, about life, about love, and about myself.