1. My most favorite "little thing" is waking up without an alarm. It's so jarring to be woken up by a sudden noise, even if it's just the tinkly little ringtone I set as my alarm on my phone. But waking up slowly is awesome, especially if it's nice out and sunlight is filtering into my room.
2. I'd give anything to bring my dad back. Obviously. Short of that, though, I'd do anything to be able to make my mom's life easier, especially at the moment.
3. I can't believe that I'm going into my last semester of college! How crazy is that? It cracks me up that I've pretty much had the same group of friends the entire time I've been here, too. I knew I wanted to be friends with Brittany when she used "Trekkies" as her theme for a project based on a subculture of our choice. She was friends with Andrea and Josh. Kathie and I met in our first semester classes, too-- her Ninja Turtle halloween costume was awesome. Jes and I only started hanging out a lot this semester, but it feels like it's been much longer. I guess we all just kind of found the people we liked early on and stuck with them! And I'm so glad. Being a fashion design major at FIT is a pretty intense experience, but having a great group of friends makes it much more bearable. ♥
4. The one thing I'd like to achieve today is finishing my art history reading and at least a few discussion posts. My brain has already gone into vacation mode, eeeeek! Oh, and cleaning my Very Scary Room. The most dangerous offender of messiness at the moment is a piece of tulle that has been laying next to my door for something like three days now. I don't know why I keep refusing to pick it up. Since it's tulle, it's almost impossible to see, especially in the dark (y'know, like most things are when it's dark), and I almost slip and break my neck every single time I leave my room. But no longer! My room will be cleaned right up! Starting now. ....Ok, I went and picked up the tulle. My neck will survive another day.
5. The last thing I want to do today is ...my art history work. I'm hoping having a nice clean room will help me focus. It's probably mostly a procrastination technique rather than an actual study strategy, but whatever, fine by me.
6. If I were writing my own blank today, it would say "What was the last thing you bought that makes you really happy?" Mostly because I just want an excuse to blog about the two things I bought today that I love so, so, SO much.
7. My favorite candle scent is: Y'know, I'm not actually that into candles. I love my little battery operated ones, but since most of my work deals with highly flammable stuff, paper and fabric, actual flaming candles make me a little concerned. I do like when I can have one safely in the bottom of a mason jar, though, I like the pretty flickering light. Scent... hmmmm. We had this enormous blueberry-scented candle growing up that we only used when the power went out, and it smelled SO BAD. Just completely artificial and nothing like actual blueberries. I wonder if there are milk-scented candles, I generally like milk-scented things. Cucumber-melon is nice, too... a friend I had growing up had cucumber-melon scented candles on her porch, and thinking of them made me remember that so clearly, even though we haven't spoken in something like five years and I haven't been to her house in at least 7 years. Isn't it interesting how remembering a smell can bring back so much?
I hope finals are going well for those of you who have them!