Helloooo! I'm taking a (very) brief break from schoolwork to fill in some blanks. And this week they're about love. Hunh. This should be good.
1. Love is life-altering, even when it isn't the forever kind. Love saved my life a few years ago and even though that particular love ended, I'll always be grateful that it started.
2. Being in love feels like being able to face the world and handle anything as long as you're by that person's side. For me, it feels like waking up happy and excited every day.
3. My favorite quote about love is actually a lyric: "You know I dreamed about you for twenty-nine years before I saw you. You know I dreamed about you, I've missed you for twenty-nine years." It's from the song Slow Show by The National and I just think it's so beautiful and romantic and true. I'm an absolute believer in love at first sight, that feeling that you've finally found what you've been searching for and that nothing is ever the same after that first glance.
4. The most important thing in a relationship is empathy and communication and passion. ...Okay, so that's three things. But I think it's so important for partners to be able to put themselves in the others place, to understand what they're feeling. And as a very private person, and a perfectionist, sometimes I have a hard time communicating what's going on with me that's making me behave a certain way, partially because I'm afraid I'll get hurt if I'm that open and vulnerable. But people are so much more forgiving and understanding than I give them credit for. If two people can get that communication going both ways, it makes for such a steady base for the relationship to stand on. As for passion... well, if that isn't there, what's the point?
5. A "deal breaker" for me in a relationship is if a man's natural scent doesn't appeal to me. I know this sounds ridiculous, but it's true. I like when a guy naturally smells a bit warm and spicy.
6. The way I show love in my relationships is by making things. If I'm constantly giving you little gifts that I've made, it indicates pretty strong feelings. Also, obvious as it seems, I show love through physical affection. I'm not naturally a touchy-feely person, so if I'm touching someone a lot, I probably love them. And using names in conversation-- for some reason, I am SO UNCOMFORTABLE using someone's name in conversation when I'm talking to them, but that goes away a bit if I'm in love.
7. I love ...my cat. I don't know. I'm not in love at the moment.
That was so much less bitter than I expected! Yay.
Stay tuned over the next week or so, I'll be posting some photos of my final projects for the semester.