1. My favorite place I've every traveled to is Cape May, NJ. It's so pretty and holds so many of my favorite memories.
2. Someday I'd like to go to Venice.
3. I pass the time in a plane, bus, car, or train by listening to audiobooks and sleeping. If I'm in a car, there is virtually no chance that I'll be awake longer than half an hour.
4. My three must-haves when I travel are my ipod, a pillow, and a 'warmie,' as my mom calls them-- either a blanket or a big sweater.
5. My favorite travel companion is it's a tie between my mom and my brother. My mom and I bop around to carefully curated playlists, until I inevitable start snoozing. My brother and I mostly just harass each other in the car, making funny voices and asking would-you-rather questions. Traveling with both my parents and my brother was the best-- my dad would always put a bunch of fruit in his jacket pockets while we were leaving, which made my brother and me laugh, but it was great when we'd start feeling snack-ish and he'd say "Want a clementine/apple/banana/orange?" So now I'm in the habit of stashing fruit for car trips. I love traveling with Marissa, too-- we always laugh hysterically. Which probably contributes to why we take wrong exits pretty much every time we're in her car. Once, we were following her GPS on the way back from Six Flags, and I was so incredibly car sick, and of course the GPS takes us down this tiny little dirt road that snaked around like crazy. We couldn't help finding that hilarious, so the conversation was sort of, "Hahahaha!!!! Can you believe this? Hahahaha!!! ...Oh god, pull over..."
6. The craziest thing that ever happened to me while traveling was when Marissa and I were going to Disney World and we were (naturally) wearing our Minnie and Mickey ears in the airport, along with out t-shirts with our motto, "What could possibly go wrong?" and the most obnoxious baggage guy EVAH was all, "Oh, Florida, huh? Heading down there for Girls Gone Wild?" Marissa and I looked at him with perfectly blank faces and I replied. "No. We're Girls Gone Mild." So we thought that was the last of him, and then we got on the plane and surprise, surprise, he was on our plane. It doesn't sound that crazy now, but at the time it was both hilarious and horrifying.
7. The most exotic food I've tried while traveling was ...hmmmm. Marissa and I tried a lot of different foods at Disney World, but nothing's standing out to me at the moment. I tried Mexican for the first time while I was actually in Mexico, which was really delicious, but not anything wild and crazy.
8. If I could live anywhere else, I'd live in Boston, I think. I love it there, I love the history and the swan boats and the aquarium. It has everything I like about New York City, but in a much quieter, less crowded space.
9. I have been to eight states in the U.S. I might actually have been to more, I don't remember all the fife and drum trips I took when I was younger.