1. My bedtime routine includes a hot shower, a cup of tea, and a phone call to say goodnight to my mom and my cats. My mom holds the phone up to them. Depending on how tired I am, sometimes I like to do some reading or catch up on blogs at night, too.
2. I am a little stressed. I have a lot to do in the next two weeks. But the only way to de-stress that situation is to actually get stuff into the finished column, so I'll be spending tonight finishing up my internship paper, compiling my memoir portfolio, and working on my e-portfolio term project. And letting kids into their rooms when they get locked out, I'm on RA duty tonight. I know, try not to envy me too much for my exciting Friday evenings.
3. I can't stand having too much clutter on my desk because it's distracting-- I like having a nice clean workspace.
4. My idea of relaxation would be going for a long walk on the Highline and by the river, then finding a comfy spot to read with a cup of delicious tea. This time two weeks from now, I'll be completely done with college and I will make this a reality. Yesss.
5. If I had an extra $50 I would probably put it toward my tattoo. Yup, you read that correctly-- my consultation is a week from today! I am both excited and petrified. Excited about finally getting a tattoo that I've wanted for a few years, petrified because hello, I cry when I get a shot, and I'm going to voluntarily have someone sticking me with a needle for an extended period of time.
6. The best thing about a bloggy friend is the wonderful surprise of kind words from someone you've probably never met in real life. I consider the lovely Lexie from Pieces of Wonderful to be a dear friend, and her lovely posts and sweet comments always brighten my day. Plus I don't feel silly talking to bloggy friends about blog-related issues, which I feel might be a bit passé with in-person friends.
7. A recipe I've been dying to try is blueberry cream pie and peach cream pie. I don't know if these count as new, because I've made similar things before, but hey! New and different fruits! I love the blend of spices in blueberry pie and peach pie and I think they'll both be a lovely counterpoint to smooth vanilla cream.
happy weekend, everyone!