via the little things we do
1. Something that is very near and dear to my heart is New York. After living in Manhattan for four years, I've found the neighborhoods and routines that I love, places that calm me down and places that give me energy, and tiny details of this city that can only be learned after spending a good deal of time here. I don't know where the next stage of my life will take me, but New York City will always have a special place in my heart.
2. Finishing my last final exam ever this morning is good cause to celebrate.
3. The most fun I ever had was: oh, this is a hard one... I have had a lot of fun with a lot of wonderful people. I've managed to narrow it down to three possibilities, though. One would be during the yearly vacations my family used to take to Cape May, New Jersey every summer. Another contender is the trip to Canada that the fife and drum corps took in 2005-- I can't believe that was already seven years ago! And of course, I have to include my trip to Disney World with Marissa in the summer of 2010. It was our first big trip on our own, and it's one of my favorite experiences of my life. We're planning another trip to Disney for when we have grown-up jobs and I can't wait! Belle's castle and village will be done by then, i.e. my life will be complete.
4. True friends are a rare and wonderful commodity.
5. Something that makes me terribly happy is when my room is nice and clean, and I have some free time to enjoy it. Since I'm done with college now (aaaah!) I have the free time... now I just have to do the cleaning. And packing!
6. A good way to spend a sunny day is the way that I did today-- a long stroll along the High Line and Hudson River Park, with celebratory gelato and unlimited time to poke around and take pictures. It was perfect.
7. My favorite celebratory food is ice cream! It's so festive. Especially with sprinkles. Or macarons, they are excellent for celebrating, too.
Have a wonderful Friday evening!