1. One thing I plan to do this weekend is sketch! I haven't kept a non-fashion sketchbook since before I went to college, and I'm really excited to get back to it. I find that when I'm putting time and energy into one art form, it inevitably leads to inspiration in others. I'm also going to be seeing my wonderful brother at his college's homecoming. Yay!
2. A big pet peeve of mine is passive-aggressive behavior, particularly via social media. It's so unhelpful and unnecessary, yet so prevalent in youth culture today. During my time as an RA, I saw so many conflicts escalate from a tiny disagreement to a huge debacle because one person involved decided to post about it. Friends and friends-of-friends get involved, misinformation spreads, and it's just a mess. No matter how technologically advanced we get, a calm face-to-face discussion will always be the best way to solve a dispute, in my opinion. (and no, this isn't directed at anyone in particular. ha!)
3. I am really loving the Wednesday knitting group at my local yarn shop! What a sweet and hysterically funny group of ladies.
4. The rain is making it feel extra-cozy to be inside with yarn, kitties, music, and sketchbooks.
5. My favorite girly indulgence is little bits and bobs for around the house. Right now I'm loving vintage tins for storing knitting and sewing notions.
6. A song I always get stuck in my head is "Asleep on a Sunbeam" by Belle and Sebastian. It's so cute and catchy!
7. The best cure for stress is making a list of things to do, then accomplishing things and crossing them off the list. Kitty-snuggles don't hurt, either.