1. When I was a kid I wanted to be a fashion designer when I grew up. I guess I never really got over that because in 8 months I'll be graduating from FIT. Woooo!
2. As an adult, my dream job would be: designing for Anthropologie or Tracy Reese.
3. When I was younger I wanted to be just like: my brother. In fact, when he got his hair cut a few days before Christmas one year when we were maybe 6 and 8, I thought it was just the coolest thing, so I gave myself a little makeover, too. We had some interesting Christmas pictures that year.
4. The childhood Halloween costume that I remember most was when I was : oooh, I've always loved dressing up for Halloween... I was a gypsy one year, which was fun. I was also a princess, I wore a pink velvet dress. My favorite costumes were ones I made my junior and senior years of high school, though. I was a flower fairy and Little Bo Peep. But not, like, 'sexy' Little Bo Peep. I wore a hoop skirt and everything. I've never really been into the 'sexy' Halloween costumes. JG made a very funny post of some especially ridiculous ones, though.
5. My favorite childhood toy was: my dollhouse. I made so many things for it, little polymer clay foods, and ladles from copper fasteners, things like that. It was so much fun. My mom came home from the library book sale one day with someone's entire collection of Nutshell News (referred to by my dad as 'Nuthouse News'), a magazine from the 1970s and 1980s devoted just to dollhouses, and after that I was unstoppable in my creation of lilliputian homewares.
6. I get daily inspiration from reading blogs and looking at art.
a fashion designer? that's so cool!ReplyDelete
I wanted to be a vet when I was a child. Probably because my parents didn't want me to have a dog and I was so obsessed with puppies. I could only think about being a vet and having lots of puppies for me to take care of.. haha
nice blog. you've got a new reader!
have a great week!
Thank you so much! It's so weird to think I'm about to graduate with a degree for something I've been wanting to do my entire life. And awww! Any job that involves lots of puppies is a-ok in my book. I'm too squeamish to ever be vet though...ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for your kind words, and welcome!