via the little things we do
1. The last movie I saw was: Year of the Dog. Which I expected to really like, because it was directed by Mike White and starred Molly Shannon, who I think is just lovely. And to be fair, it's not that it was a bad movie, but it was in the comedy section of Netflix, so I was expecting, oh, I don't know, a comedy? But honestly, not a comedy. To the point where I was crying about ten minutes into it. This won't be one I'll be watching again.
2. I want to: start knitting with my gorgeous, gorgeous new yarn... it's green, with little hints of aubergine and blue and gray. And it's fluffy and wonderful and incredibly light. I haven't decided what to make with it yet, but it's the Ushya yarn by Mirasol. And I love it.
3. Surprises are: not my favorite thing, generally speaking. They can be really fun, too, of course, but I do like to feel prepared for whatever I'm about to be doing.
4. The best accessory is: a great bag... or cute shoes... or maybe a cute hair accessory! Mmhm, I'm going to go with a cute hair accessory, because the right one will draw attention to your face, which really is the most important part of an outfit.
5. My favorite warm drink is: hot chocolate... ooh, no, tea... I could deliberate all day and never choose between them. As for choosing a kind of tea, I can't even begin to do that, but a few of my favorites are peppermint, chamomile, cranberry green tea... it's all so warm and lovely.
6. My favorite cold drink is: generally water, but pineapple-orange-banana juice diluted with seltzer water is delicious too, like a light, not-too-sweet fruit soda but without the zillion tablespoons of sugar.
7. Currently loving: Round the Twist with Carin, a knitting video podcast. I'm knitting vicariously through her because she makes these gorgeous lacy shawls that I'm not sure if I'll ever even attempt. And it's fun to knit or crochet while watching her podcasts because it feels like being at a knitting group, except that it happens whenever I have time to watch it.