I love a good courtroom drama, so I decided to give Ally McBeal a try.
- Um, legal stuff! I like that sort of thing.
- The way it's edited to show Ally's thoughts is really imaginative and fun.
- Calista Flockhart is so much better than I expected, yay!
- The characters are all pretty well developed, with their own personalities and quirks
- Occasionally, cute clothes sneak onto the show! I love these mittens.
- Sometimes really, really bad 90's fashion rears its ugly head:
- The guy that Ally is in love with for the first few seasons is such a jerk that I pretty much didn't care about that entire plotline.
- The character that I like best, John Cage, is always getting broken up with, which is sad because he's probably the one who deserves happiness most.
- Sometimes I just want Ally to do a good job and win her case without needing to have an epiphany about her personal life to do so.
Do you watch Ally McBeal? What do you think of it?
Apart from your remarks, I also remember it struck me how people can be so absorbed in their job, that they almost never meet other people (outside their professional life) and don't really have friends closer than their coworkers. I like the series, but it's a bit scary to watch a show where your job takes everything from you..or gives you everything.ReplyDelete